APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If able, download the application file HERE, complete it on your computer, and upload the finished application as a PDF using the tool below. If unable to complete this step digitally, this may also be completed at your in-person interview. Optionally, upload your resume to accompany your application, then submit your application contents. We will reach back to you via email. Please do not chase after you’ve applied, as this will slow down the hiring process at large.
Job Title: Line Cook
Reports To: Kitchen Supervisor / Taproom Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Full-time employees are eligible for additional benefits after 90 days
Summary: Responsible for Preparing and handling food by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preps food according to the designated station’s prep list.*
- Prepares all menu items in accordance with recipe guidelines and par levels.*
- Executes all kitchen orders according to recipe specifications.*
- Prepares all ingredients needed for designated station daily, following chef’s prep and par lists.*
- Complies with safety guidelines and minimum age requirements when handling kitchen equipment and utensils.*
- Follows all portion and quality standards.*
- Maintains and stocks designated station, freezers, refrigerators, and store room with food products daily; follow
- proper rotation system and notifies chef of any discrepancies or shortages.*
- Labels and dates all food products in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately.*
- Ensures all products are stored or disposed of properly at the end of the night.*
- Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines; cleans counters or tables.*
- Adheres to all restaurant policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and/or safety requirements; communicates any concerns to management.*
- Professionally communicates with servers regarding customer service.*
- Performs all closing duties of the kitchen daily as determined by the chef.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.