APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If able, download the application file HERE, complete it on your computer, and upload the finished application as a PDF using the tool below. If unable to complete this step digitally, this may also be completed at your in-person interview. Optionally, upload your resume to accompany your application, then submit your application contents. We will reach back to you via email. Please do not chase after you’ve applied, as this will slow down the hiring process at large.
Job Title: Bartender
Reports To: Taproom Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Hourly + Tips
- Full-time employees are eligible for additional benefits after 90 days
Summary: Responsible for preparing drinks for the entire taproom while simultaneously servicing the bar top and walk-up customers professionally and promptly by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets patrons, answer any questions, and makes suggestions regarding drink, food, and service.
- Prepares alcoholic, non-alcoholic, and other beverages for patrons and servers in accordance with standard recipes.
- Prepares all condiments to garnish drink orders.
- Takes food orders and enters them correctly into the POS.
- Assists in delivering properly prepared food to guests.
- Applies knowledge of the full menu, beverages, and other taproom information such as daily specials, events, and taproom hours.
- Maintains a clean bar at all times. Sanitizing bar regularly, disposing of debris, and washing glasses behind the bar as needed.
- Checks and maintains stock of glassware, beverages, and bar supplies and communicates shortages to the appropriate person.
- Assists with answering phone calls and taking messages to give to the proper personnel when time allows.
- Records currency transactions accurately on POS and tenders proper change.
- Assists team members when needed.
- Completes all assigned opening, cut, and closing duties to prepare the bar for efficient operation.
- Communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.